Monday, December 15, 2008

"Your Majesty"

"Please, Your Majesty." or "Thank you, Your Majesty."
.

{maj·es·ty}
1. a. The greatness and dignity of a sovereign.
b. The sovereignty and power of God.
2. Supreme authority or power: the majesty of the law.
3. a. A royal personage.
b. Majesty Used with His, Her, or Your as a title and form of address for a sovereign.
4. a. Royal dignity of bearing or aspect; grandeur.
b. Stately splendor; magnificence, as of style or character: the Parthenon in all its majesty.
.
I will take a number of those definitions...and I will take the comment from my dear Lucy any day! As of late, Lucy will say "Your Majesty" if she is asking for something or to say "thank you, Your Majesty." Eric was not aware of this until tonight. I was at the kitchen table wrapping presents and every time I reached for the tape...it was gone.
.
Me:"Lucy can I have the tape please?"

Lucy:"Here you go , Your Majesty."

Me:"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Eric:{action} rolling his eyes in the background as he listens.
.
I am pretty sure Lucy learned this from an episode of

"The Backyardigans." Most of you probably know exactly what I am talking about.

Oh, it is so fun having {royalty} in the house!

2 comments:

Cardwell said...

That is so funny! I can't wait until Caden starts talking and I can hear what's going on in his head.

I got your Christmas card. It is so dang cute! Your pictures turned out so good!

Shenise said...

Love your card your majesty! Love Lucy and the Backyardagains!