Friday, October 26, 2007

What a week!

What do they say...bad things happen in three? I hope not. Two have put me to my stress limit for now. Okay to start off Tuesday night Eric played flag football with all of his friends. Eric is known for getting hurt when he plays! He made it home in one piece and we hit the hay. About 1:30 that night I woke up to Eric laying on the floor in terrible pain. He claimed it was his back muscles and that he was going to take a shower and he would feel better. Well 5 showers later I was driving him to the ER(and not fast enough..as he would say)! So by 9:00 the next morning Eric passed or birthed a 4 mm kidney stone. He keep telling me that he was having twins because it hurt so bad. I am such a bad wife...I couldn't help but giggle a few times that night. What?... I have given birth to a 9 pound baby and made it through 2 Gallstone attacks 3 weeks after giving birth. And finally to end up getting my Gallbladder removed. So we made it through that event.
Next...I got a call this morning about 5 minutes after Eric had left for work. It was one of those calls that you know something is wrong. He had wrecked his new truck! It's not that bad, but I think it always seems worse when it is a new car. I still haven't seen the damage and maybe I don't want to. I am so glad he is okay. It's just a truck that can be fixed, right?
So I guess there are worse things that could happen but emotionally and physically I am spent! I need some R&R, a pedicure, message, new clothes and all those other things that make you feel better in times like this. Anyone up to joining me?( in the activities...not the stress)

8 comments:

Brynn said...

I am up for a pedicure any day! Set it up and I'll be there. I feel bad for Eric, but I do think you have been through worse.

Foster said...

What a week...I am sorry. I would be right with you with all of that, the massage, pedicure, new clothes--it will have to wait until next pay check though, oh, and when I don't live across the country. Why do new clothes make us feel so much better...I wish it weren't the case. Tell Eric I am sorry. From what I hear they are terrible. But I do think you are one up on him with your "little" nine pounder. Ouch (mine have both been six).

Heidi said...

Seriously, I'm a little accident proned too. These kinds of things really do take a toll on you emotionally. I remember I was taking a care full of YWYM caroling in my 2 day old yukon when a young girl ran right into the back of me. But like you said, no one was hurt. Cars can be fixed. Go and take care of yourself a bit. I loved all your suggestions.

Cardwell said...

Oh my heck! This is the first I'm hearing of all this...my poor bro! I guess I'll give him a call now... :(

Ginger said...

Sorry, this is the first time I've seen your blog and I just had to comment! This is seriously so sad and funny at the same time, you'd think Eric would be use to things like this by now.

Heather said...

Hey Shanel!! I officially have you added! Yeah! Last night was fun...we should get the little ones together more often. This story of Eric is just too much! The poor kid is just accident prone and that's all there is to it! Love you guys! :)

Taz, Katie, Lia and Presley said...

Sorry we didnt get together when we were down there- i hope all is better in your house.... we have been passing the flu to each other all week. looks like we both had a hard week :( we will see you soon!!

Jen and Lance said...

Wow was that a week! You've been Tagged! Look at my blog for the details. You better do it!