Monday, March 30, 2009

This year we thought we would try our skills out on a vegetable garden. Lucy is all about it! She even has a "perfect" size shovel and rake.
I was feeling very pregnant the day Eric brought home compost, so I sent my Lucy and Eric out to work. I got a knock on the door to find...

I am not sure how Eric told her to plant the seeds, but from the look of it...her nose did most of the work! She was in complete denial about having a dirty face. I chased her around the house trying to get a picture. She kept asking..."Where, Mom?"
Funny girl. Well the garden is doing okay. The radishes did great, a little spicy for me. The lettuce was looking wonderful, until that blasted squirrel ate it down to the dirt. Our cucumbers...were perfect...but we waited one day too long to pick them. Stupid squirrel. Tomatoes, so far so good. And the pumpkins, well we will see if the huge vine produces anything worth while. Next year we will be hunting and trapping all varmints before the seeds are planted!

No comments: