Saturday, January 31, 2009

Six years...and Eternity to go!

"Eric, does it feel like we have been married for {six} years?"
"Nooooo...well yes."

I ask him this every year and he never knows how to answer it. He thinks it is a trick question. I can't believe it has been six years, but then again it feels like we have been together forever. These first {six} years have been great and I can't wait for the rest of our lives.
On Friday night we got a knock at the door only to find a gift bag. We were so excited to find we had a day at the Spa planned for our Anniversary.

The Spa package included lunch...
and of course...a Swedish Message.
Red Mountain Spa does such a good job. I think it is now my favorite Spa. They do all of the extras like: use HOT lotion, wrap your feet in HOT wash clothes, put a HOT eye mask on and place a HOT rolled towel under your neck. Eric enjoyed his too. We came to the conclusion that it is so healthy to have a message at least once a month. I suggested that it get worked into the monthly budget...right!
After our fun day at the spa, Eric surprised me with these...
We switch off years being in charge of our Anniversary and the gift giving. I was in charge this year, but he still got me flowers. This is huge for Eric. He is so good to get me plants, or potted flowers but when it comes to cut flowers it is a rare occasion. The first thing he said as he was arranging them..."These better last for Valentine's Day!" I just had to laugh.
I {love} my husband.

We ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse...
and followed it up with a movie. It was so fun to be with Eric all day. I love him more and more each passing year. He is so great to me and Lucy. Eric makes me laugh everyday. I am so glad I have him for Eternity.
Happy Anniversary Babe!

6 comments:

Alesha said...

Happy 6th Anniversay, what a "HOT" day!!!

Emily said...

may i just say those are some sexy legs in those robes! Happy anniversary, you two are a great couple.

Shenise said...

Happy Anni. to the happy couple! And yes...it does feel like you've been married for six years. You two seem to have been together forever - a good thing really!

Cardwell said...

What a great anniversary! Has Eric ever had a professional massage before that? Ashish never has and I can't convince him to! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful day together. You two belong together. :)

Sherrie said...

Shanel, what have I been doing? I haven't checked your blog lately, sorry. I'm glad you had a fun day, the pictures will be great to look back on when you've been married as long as Dad and I!

Babe said...

Happy anniversary! I think i'm partial to RMS :) Glad you had a good time!