Wednesday, January 7, 2009

27 Down...

...years that is. I can't believe it, but then again I feel like I have been twenty-something for a long time. I am not complaining, trust me. I had a very fun Birthday this year. Lucy and I hung out and did a few things around the house. Then Mom called and invited us to lunch and a little pampering. It was so much fun that Lucy told Mom and I that
"we should do this next week too."

Eric then took ALL of us out for a fabulous dinner at Scaldoni's.
{Dad was there too, he was the photographer.}

We had great food and it is so fun to have a fancy dinner once in a while.

Back to Mom and Dad's for presents & cake. I received wonderful presents
and a yummy ice cream cake, made just the way I like them.
Another year gone by and how exciting to see what is in store for us this year. 2008 wasn't all that bad but I hope this is a brighter year. As I countdown to 30 I start to panic that I have not checked off some of the things I have on my "To Do Before 30" list. The biggest one is to be done having children by 30. When I got pregnant with Lucy "the plan" was to have a child every 2 years and be done. Well LIFE happens, and obviously that is not Heavenly Father's plan for us. Or maybe we will just have a couple of kids, instead 4 or 5. Yeah right, Eric is pretty set on a big family. I am so grateful everyday to have this little girl in my life...
she is so fun and keeps me laughing. I am so glad I have had this time to spend with her and not have a new baby to take some of my attention away. Lucy told me that "maybe Santa can bring a baby sister or brother to us next week!" If it was only that easy.
Thanks Eric for being such a great husband. And thanks for the great Birthday.
i LOVE you.

6 comments:

Cardwell said...

Shanel, happy birthday! It looks like you had a great day. I hope this year brings another baby for you guys, too. :) You guys are such cute parents...I agree with Eric - You need lots of kids! :)

stefanie said...

Happy Birthday Shanella!! It looks and sounds like you had a great birthday! I'm SO sad that we didn't get to see you guys this year while we were out, Christmas eve just wasn't quite the same without seeing all of you! I hope you get another baby this year too, Lucy is seriously the cutest, who wouldn't want another one of her running around? But I do think you are lucky that you have been able to just enjoy her and only her for this long, you'll never have that with any of your others, so eat it up!!

Michelle said...

So sorry I missed telling you Happy Birthday ON your birthday! You are really and truly the cutest mom! No wonder, since you HAVE the cutest mom! I have to echo Stef in how much we missed seeing you during the holidays. Things get hectic! Anyway, I hope this is a great year for you and your family. I love you tons!!! Michelle

Sherrie said...

And why do you think you have to be done having kids by the time your 30?

Emily said...

Good question sherrie! Besides Lucy will be sucha good babysitter when she is older, so you have to have one at 35 for her. :)
Well I can see now why you were to busy to answer my birthday wish phone call. Glad you had a good one.

Whitney and Chris said...

Happy Belated birthday, girl! I'm sorry I was so slow to check what you're up to and missed the big day. It looks like you had a good one though! I hope you had a great day and I'm sure 2009 has many wonderful things in store for you and your adorable little fam!