Friday, January 9, 2009

"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear"

For Christmas my parents gave us an awesome 72 hour kit. We each got backpacks filled with food, supplies and soon to be clothes. They also gave us wheat, a wheat grinder, radio, stove and other things that we will need in an emergency. Food storage has been on my mind the past couple of months. Before this we have not "prepared" much.

Thanks Mom and Dad for the motivation!

Lucy loved her backpack...I finally put it away so she couldn't see it.

My SIL Kristin told me about http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com/ and I love it. I login weekly to print the best of the best deals and I am off to the store. Here is what Eric and I found last night.


40 lbs sugar
50 lbs flour
24 lbs pasta
6 lbs BS Chicken
5 lbs Rump Roast
5 Cake mixes
3 frostings
4 bags cereal
30 boxes Apple Juice
4 boxes dried potatoes
4 lbs butter

Our total was $83 give or take a few cents and we saved $85 plus. Our groceries were 50% off! We were so excited. Now that we have a great start on getting "prepared" I can stop "fearing!"

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Good job Shanel. Look at all your food! It really is so fun to get those good deals huh. Now for the making of the wheat bread!

The fly-fisherman said...

That is quite a haul. I need to get better about my food storage. My problem is... where in the world do you STORE all of that?!! I need a big food storage room. My little pantry just won't cut it!
If there is an emergency... can I come to your place ;)