Monday, May 5, 2008

Aloha, Kauai!

Mom and Dad usually take us to Newport Beach, but this year they surprised us with Kauai. It was so beautiful and of course the weather was great. Our resort was right on the beach and you can see the view from our room. Lucy takes after me when it comes to sand. I love the beach but hate salt water, and sand in my bathing suit! So as you can see we hung out at the pool most of the time. It was perfect, the pools overlooked the beach so it felt like we were right there. We got home and I honestly don't know why we live where we do. Lucy's chronic runny nose went away and her eczema was nowhere to be found. Of course within 24 hours of touching down to reality both were back! The week went by way too fast. Thanks Mom, Dad & Granny for the wonderful trip.

11 comments:

Brynn said...

Way cute pictures! I'm very jealous! I love Lucy's swimming suits.

Cardwell said...

Wow! What a great resort ~ in Kauai, even! Lucky you!! Looks like you guys had fun and got great tans. :)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I love the Hawaii pictures. I too was jealous! Thanks for finding us and for posting...I added you guys to my link list if thats ok!
Fun to see you at the derby party...too bad our horse sucked!
You are darling!

carly k said...

Looks like you had a blast! You guys are too cute!

The fly-fisherman said...

Your blog is so cute!! And little Lucy is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can't believe she lets you curl her hair like that. Gracie rips out the rollers faster than I can put them in.

Good to hear from you Shanel. I'm stalking your blog too ;)

Alesha said...

Yeah, I'm so happy you posted pictures! The Islands of Hawaii, seriously the most relaxing vacation spot ever in my book!

Taz, Katie, Lia and Presley said...

It looks like you stayed at the Waiohai!! We were just there in December- we try to go every year because we love it so much. Hawaii is the best lets all move there together!!

Shenise said...

I miss Hawaii! Lucy was incredibly stylish everyday and I'm wondering where a picture of her pink 70's jumper is? Lane is also sorry he "pushed" once-in-awhile...every few hours!

Jami Hansen said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had so much fun. I wish I could get Dan to get out of St. George. We need to plan a trip, maybe if Eric talked Dan, we could all go somewhere. Just a thought...

stefanie said...

I love Kauai, and I am oh, so jealous. It looks and sounds like a fun trip and the humidity definitely has some perks when it comes to the skin department...poor girl. We're coming out there in a couple of weeks. We better see you guys! Maybe we'll have a lunch date at In-n-Out... ;)

wendy said...

I wish someone would have told us that the family was planning a trip to Hawaii. J/K Your cute pics are just salt in the wound. We tried to recreate the experience at our house while you guys were gone, but it's hard to do when it's snowing!