Monday, January 28, 2008

Big Girl Bed!


Isn't this such a cute bed? This was Eric's siblings crib. His mom was going to get ride of it and I had this great vision for it. We have had the crib in the garage for a year now and were waiting for the right time to give it to Lucy. When we found out that I had a blood clot in my arm Eric had to take care of Lucy most of the time. When she would have a bad night he would just go get her and put her in bed with us. I know...I have been so good about this not happening. Before I would get her and sleep on the couch with her. That's not near as fun than sleeping with mom and dad! Well she was waking up every night now yelling for her Dad...so we figured it was time. Eric did such a great job converting the crib into this bed. He was so excited to get it finished. What would I do without him!
She has done so good. Lucy gets so excited for naptime and bedtime now. I do have to lay next to her for a minute...but what else would I rather be doing.

7 comments:

Shenise said...

Love it! Lucy you're such a big girl! Nice work Eric!

Brynn said...

So cute! I love her little sweat outfit. What a big girl!

Cardwell said...

So cute! I'm impressed, Eric!

Heather said...

How exciting!!! The bed looks great! I can't believe how big she is getting. Does she stay in it all night long?? One Sunday afternoon Trent and I took a nap and I woke up to find Troy sleeping between us!!! It was pretty cute.....but he is not one to stay in his bed if he can do other things! I will even put him down for nap and come in an hour later to find him playing with his toys. He is better at night time then with nap time, that's for sure!

Shanel said...

Heather...she does pretty good. She fell out the first night, but soon learned!

Alesha said...

What a darling toddler bed! I can't believe how big Lucy is getting, she looks so tall sitting on her big girl bed.

DANIELLE HENDERSON said...

YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS SOOOOOOOOO FREAKING CUTE.. SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU... LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE A GREAT MOM.. JUST WANTED TO SAY HI..