Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ouch!

Last night Lucy had her first run in with the coffee table. I was on the phone discussing "Procreation" with a member of our Bishopric (he is teaching the lesson in Young Women this Sunday) and out of the blue the table jumped out at Lucy. As soon as she lifted her head up I could see the dent in her head. Within seconds the goose egg was huge. Poor girl she has made it through her life up to this point accident free (knock on wood)! I ended up sleeping with her on the couch to make sure she was okay. I woke up around 3:00 and she had rolled off the couch without me knowing...she was still asleep so I just picked her up and feel back to sleep. I don't know if I can handle worrying about more than one child...sorry Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Jen and Lance said...

maybe you need to keep her away from Lane. You could tell by the video she was getting a liking to lane's style. Anyways, I wanted to also let you know that if you want hanging plants you should go to Lowes or home depot cause thats where we got ours! Take care of Lucy!

stefanie said...

Shanella!! I'm so excited you found our blog! I have no idea what I'm doing really, so our site is still under construction. I know nothing about computers...it's really quite tragic! Anyway...love your blog, lucy is sooo darling, it was so fun to see you at the open house! Hopefully we'll see more of you at Christmas! We're excited to be your fellow bloggers and keep updated on life!
much love, stef

Cardwell said...

Poor Lucy! We recently had a 'falling off the bed' situation...I felt like such a bad mom, but our kids bounce back and are pretty sturdy little people!