Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cousin's Camp

Every year my Mom & Dad do Cousin's Camp for all the grand kids that are potty trained. So this was Lucy's first official year. After the 4th of July celebrations ended we were packing up to head home and my Mom decided that it would be a good week for Cousin's Camp. So my SILs had 15 minutes to pack each of their 3 children and send them on their way.
They started out the week with swim lesson every morning. Lucy didn't take these because she was too young to do it by herself. Then my parents had to take my Grandma to Vegas for a Dr appointment so I was in charge. I thought that I could take them to lunch and a movie. After putting the "Buddy System" in play we made it through lunch and arrived at the movie theater. Six Luke Skywalkers later{actually 7, due to a spill before the movie even started} and 4 potty breaks we made it home. Did I mention I had 6 kids with me? I didn't get around to taken pictures of the event, sorry.
For FHE we went to the Temple for a quick movie.
Lucy loves her cousin Cade. He watches out for her.
Tuesday we went to the Washington City Pool. The kids had so much fun and they were very tired and water logged.
Wednesday my Mom and I took them up to the Veyo Pool.
I had never been up there before. They caught crawdads and tadpoles, what else could a kid ask for?

Grandma Shirley took us all out to Samurai 21 for dinner.
Nice snugger Lucy!
Thursday was full of Pizza Factory and...
BOWLING!
Lucy was totally 80's with the side pony and scrunched socks!
Friday Lucy and I took the day off. We met up with everyone for Chuck-a-Rama that night and then we helped the kids put together their scrapbooks of the week. The kids all had a blast & my Mom and Dad were so worn out. There was only one drawback...I didn't get a week off without my kid! I might have to leave town next year!

4 comments:

Cardwell said...

What a fun packed week! Can I send Caden off next year?! ;)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

What a fun week and a great idea...pass the word along to Nance will ya!! :)

Jami Hansen said...

Sounds like they had alot of fun. We thought about going to Veyo pool. Was it pretty busy? I love the food there.

stefanie said...

I love the Cousin's Camp, you're parents are seriously awesome to even attempt that! And look at you taking all of them to the movies! You are brave girlie, but I agree, you need to leave next year so you can have your own play time!